Mekorma has added functions to the Vendor Record: Validate Vendor, Validation Status, Exclude Vendor Check, and Current TIN Status. These are the bread and butter of Mekorma Vendor Validation.
To validate a vendor via the Vendor Record:
- Access your vendors list and select a vendor to open their Vendor Record.
- In the Vendor Record, there is now a button in the top header, Validate Vendor.
- Click Validate Vendor to begin the Vendor Validation process.
- Once clicked, a timer appears in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- When the validation check is complete, a completion message appears.
- The Validation Status shows the result of the check in the top section of the Vendor Record. The status will be one of the following:
- Farther down the Vendor Record, under the General tab, the Vendor Properties section displays Current TIN Status. TIN status has six results:
- Matched means the TIN matched, the IEN matched, or both matched
- Unmatched means there is no match at all
- Invalid means the TIN was incorrect (i.e. not 9 characters, not numerical, or not logged in IRS records)
- Incompatible means it is a duplicate TIN
- Suspended means the TIN has been tried too many times
- Unknown means there is no information on the TIN
Excluding vendors from validation checks
- If there is a vendor that has information, such as names, that may cause conflicts with the OFAC Check, or they are an institution such as the IRS, you can check the box next to Exclude Vendor Check. This excludes the vendor from all validation checks; use due diligence when this feature is active.
Alternatively, to exclude a vendor to a specific provider check:
- Click the ellipsis (…) to the right of the Validate Vendor button to expand more options. Click Exclude Providers.
- Next time you validate any vendor who is excluded from a specific provider (in this case, we have excluded a vendor from OFAC), that provider will not appear in the Validation Results, and they will show as Excluded in the Validation Audit.
Validation Result: Notice that OFAC is not in the validation results.
Validation Audit: Notice that OFAC shows as Excluded.
Need more help with this?
We value your input. Let us know which features you want to see in our products.