Perform these steps as an app maker or environment administrator.
- Open your browser and go to Power Apps studio – https://make.powerapps.com.
- Click on Apps from the left navigation pane.
- Click the ellipsis button (…) next to the Mekorma PowerApprovals application to display the context menu.
Select Edit from the context menu. This will open the app and prepare the design surface.
- If you are prompted to grant permissions to the app connectors, click Allow to continue.
- Click on the View menu option and select Data Sources.
- In the Data pane, click the + Add data source option to add another data source.
- Click on + New connection to add a new connection to the app.
- Type “office” in the search bar to narrow down the list of connections.
Select Office 365 Users from the list of connections and click on Connect when prompted. Exit the Data pane by clicking the X button.
- Expand the LandingScreen object screen under the tree view and click on the Image User image object.
- In the formula bar type Office365Users.UserPhotoV2(_UserInformation.Email).
You should now see your image displayed in the upper right corner of the app.
- In the tree view, expand the ApproveScreen object screen. Locate and select the Icon_FLOW_Approve_And_Email control.
- Click on the Action menu and select Power Automate.
- Click on the ellipsis button (…) next to the Mekorma_ApproveAndEmail flow, under the Flows associated with ‘ICON_FLOW_Approve_And_Email’
Select the Remove from app option from the context menu.
- Click on the Mekorma_ApproveAndEmail flow under the Power Automate section of the Data pane to re-add it to the app.
The system will show a yellow bar to indicate it’s adding the flow to the app. Upon completion, you will see a bar indicating that you must complete the flow parameters in the formula bar.
- Complete the formula in the formula bar by typing _GPUserID, completing the expression by closing the parenthesis, as shown below:
The full formula should read Mekorma_ApproveAndEmail.Run(_GPUserID).
- Select the File menu and click the Save button to save all changes.
- Click on Publish to publish all changes to approvers.
- Approvers will be prompted to open the newer version of the app on their mobile devices and must allow access to any new connection added.
Last modified: Oct 07, 2020
Thanks for your feedback.