If the AI finds a Vendor Name that it has seen before, it will default in the Vendor ID. Sometimes there are vendors with similar names so you should always verify the vendor ID.
Every time you match a vendor name with a vendor ID, the system will store that for future use. This means that if you have two vendors with the same name, there will be two vendor IDs associated to that name. So there are 3 possible scenarios:
- Vendor name not found
- You need to add a new vendor follow best practices. See What if the Vendor is not in the System?
- Vendor name matched 1 vendor ID.
- If you want to further verify that this is the correct vendor you can click the Lookup button next to the vendor ID and then show the lookup detail to verify the vendor’s address.
- Vendor name matched multiple vendor IDs.
- The system will guess at one of your prior vendor IDs based on which has been used most often. An icon will appear next to the lookup button. If you click it, you will see a list of all of the vendor IDs that have been used with that vendor name and you can pick a different one from the list.
Need more help with this?
We value your input. Let us know which features you want to see in our products.