This section of the Mekorma Payment Hub configuration guide assumes that you already have done the following:
- Setup a Checkbook and printed your first check
Now we’ll explain how to add an Approval workflow for separation of duties.
There are two basic roles in the Approval Workflow:
- The Requestor is the person who creates payment batches but they can’t print them until they are approved.
- The Approver reviews the payments and can accept or reject a voucher on a payment, a whole payment or a whole batch
There are options:
- You can have some payments go through with no approvers—for example
- payments below a certain dollar amount
- payments to a certain vendor class that may need oversite because they repeat, such as RENT
- You can have a second approver on some payments—for example
- payments about a certain dollar amount
- payments to a certain vendor class that needs more oversight, such as EMPLOYEE
Setting up the workflow is easy once you understand how the components fit together. To get started, we have provided an Approval Workflow Quickstart.
Note that Approvals and Signatures can be configured independently. For example, you could require approvers on payments and still have them come out unsigned. In practice, the approval system is what takes the place of manual signatures and OK’s the payments for release—whether they are checks or whether they are electronic payments. So you would generally want to configure signatures for any dollar-value levels with approvers. For more information on signatures, review Configure and Test Your Signatures.
Need more help with this?
We value your input. Let us know which features you want to see in our products.