Printers for Mekorma Payment Hub Check Printing
We recommend that you print Mekorma checks to a dedicated medium – higher quality check printer using blank check stock. The printer should have the following capabilities:
- Speed of 45 ppm and up
- Two-tray capacity
- Recommended monthly printing volume of 5,000 pages and up
- Output capacity of 400 sheets and up
The HP M607 series printers combine exceptional performance and energy efficiency with professional-quality documents to use as dedicated check printers. This printer series has a speed rating of 55 ppm. The 2-tray option makes it a perfect choice to print checks on one tray and overflow remittances on the second. It has a recommended monthly volume of 5,000 to 20,000 pages and input / output capacity of 650 sheets / 500 sheets.
Mekorma in-house testing has been performed successfully on the HP M607dn model.
Check Printing Supplies
Check printing supplies include:
- Check stock (pre-printed or blank)
- Magnetic Toner
You can also search the Internet using the key words “blank check stock” or “magnetic toner” to locate vendors. Mekorma Payment Hub will work with both blank and pre-printed check stock of almost any size.
Blank check stock has the following advantages over using pre-printed stock:
- : Blank stock does not already have the MICR line encoded; it is non-negotiable until your payments have gone through an approval process and your check printing software generates the check.
- : Pre-printed stock can range from $50-$80 per 250 checks, depending on how customized your data is. Blank check stock can be purchased in higher-quantity bulk orders, and you can typically get 1,000 checks within the same price range.
- : If your company information changes, you have to get rid of pre-printed stock and order new stock with the correct information. Blank stock does not have that limitation.
- : You do not have to switch stock in the printer when printing payments from multiple companies.
Read our blog on the topic.
MICR gauge and check alignment
A free MICR gauge can be mailed to you after your Mekorma Payment Hub order is processed. The gauge will assist you to determine the correct spacing for the MICR font on your checks. If you would like to receive a gauge, please email our Sales department.
Need more help with this?
We value your input. Let us know which features you want to see in our products.