Once Named Printers have been set up, you can now assign different printers for MICR checks, check copies, overflows and EFT remittances in the Assign Named Printers window:
- Log in as System Administrator (‘sa’).
- Navigate to the Assign Named Printers window.
- Choose 3rd Party from the Task Series drop-down menu.
- Click on a Mekorma Task Description. Example: Mekorma MICR Checks
- Select the Printer Class you’d like for that task. Example: System
- The Named Printers window will open, listing available printers within the System Printer Class – click on the desired printer, then Select. Example: CHECKS
- The Named Printer has now been assigned to that particular Task.
You must make to necessary adjustments in User ID and Company Name fields of the Assign Named Printers window, depending on the Printer Class you want to assign.
If I want to use a printer that is designated with the User & Company Printer Class, I must choose the correct User ID and Company Name in the fields at the top of the window. Example: The APFABRIKAM Printer ID assigned to Debbie in Fabrikam: