PowerApprovals is our Microsoft Power Platform-based mobile application for remote payment approval. PowerApprovals allows any designated company approver within the organization to easily approve payments from their mobile device, or from any computer using a browser of choice.
Before setting up PowerApprovals, please make sure you have met the system requirements.
Before an Approver can make use of PowerApprovals, there are a few setup tasks that must be accomplished.
- Secure Approval Workflow
- Administrators must configure Task-Based security. Any companies still functioning using Mekorma Legacy security (User ID or Checkbook security) must convert to Task-Based security to take full advantage of PowerApprovals.
- In order to use the app, Approvers must have a valid email account associated with their GP User ID. A valid email account is defined as an Office 365 account or a Azure Active Directory federated domain account.
- System Administrators can handle the email setup for all Users, within the Approval Email Setup window.
- Grant Access to PowerApprovals
- An Administrator must share or give access to PowerApprovals for each Approver. For more information on sharing Power Apps applications, please consult the following Microsoft Docs documentation: Share a canvas app in Power Apps
- Download PowerApps
- Your company must hold valid Power Apps licenses and have an environment to deploy PowerApprovals.
- A System Administrator must contact Mekorma to obtain a copy of PowerApprovals to be uploaded and deployed in the PowerApps environment.
- For mobile deployment, Approvers must install Power Apps on their devices. Power Apps can be obtained from the Google Play Store for Android devices or Apple store for iOS devices.
- Once an Administrator has shared PowerApprovals with a User, the application can be accessed by opening Power Apps on a mobile device.
Approvers are then ready to use the mobile app to review, reject and approve payments!