The SQL Server connector will allow the Mekorma PowerApprovals application to connect to your on-premises Microsoft Dynamics GP SQL Server – think of it as your cloud-based ODBC connector to your data. To setup the SQL Server connector, follow these steps:
Gather the credentials information for the SQL Server proxy login account created previously and type of authentication used. You will also need the server name and name of the Microsoft Dynamics GP system database – DYNAMICS for default installations.
Additionally, you will need to identify the data gateway that will be used to setup the connection.
- Open your browser and go to Power Apps studio – https://make.powerapps.com
- Expand the Data entry on the left navigation bar.
- Click on Connections to open the Connections in your environment page.
- On the upper tool bar, click the + New Connections button to display a list of available connectors
- Locate the SQL Server connector authored by Microsoft in the list of connectors.
Click on the + icon on the far right of the connector name to add.
- Select the type of authentication you will use to access your Microsoft Dynamics GP on-premises SQL Server databases.
If your proxy login account was set up as an SQL Server login, choose SQL Server Authentication from the drop-down. If your proxy login account was setup as a domain account, choose Windows Authentication from the drop down.
- Enter the SQL server name and SQL database name. The SQL database name should point to your Dynamics GP system database – DYNAMICS for default installations.
- Scroll down slightly to enter a username and password. The credentials should match those of the SQL Server proxy login account you created earlier.
Choose a gateway from the drop-down list.
Click the Create button to complete the configuration of the SQL Server connector.