Transaction Check Printing Security Concerns
For transaction checks, our recommendation is that you don’t allow transaction check printing because giving access to the same person to enter an invoice into the system and to cut a payment is a security concern. Best practice recommends separation of duties. However, if you decide to allow it, the Security Workflow rules still apply. For more information, see Setting Security rules for Transaction Checks.
If you do allow printing of transaction checks and have setup security rules, then only a user with Approval permission for that checks payment amount will be able to print it and only if the check requires a single approver or no approvers. If the check requires two approvers, it cannot be printed. The invoice must be posted and added to a regular payment batch to go through the approval workflow.
Lastly, you will need to grant access to Mekorma alternate windows to print transaction checks.
To print a transaction check:
- Open the Transaction Entry window and enter the invoice information.
- To pay by check, click the arrow to the right of the Check Amount field. This will open the standard GP Payables Check Entry window.
- Back on the Payables Transaction Entry window, make certain all necessary transaction information has been entered and click Print Check at the bottom of the window.
- The Print Mekorma MICR Transaction Check window will open. Click Print.
- Verify that the title of the window includes the words Mekorma. If not, abort the procedure and setup security to the Alternate Print Mekorma MICR Transaction Check window.
- If you have setup your system to ask you for a print at run-time, the Mekorma MICR Check Printing screen is displayed. Click Print to print checks. If you have setup automatic selection of printers it will simply print.