Although rare, there may be an instance when a vendor paid via virtual card does not use the entire amount of the issued card. In that case, you can write-off the remaining balance so your account is credited with the unused portion.
- Open the Enhanced ePayment Payments window.
- Filter your view by the Used status to display virtual cards have not been fully used.
- Select the correct payment.
- Click Actions > Writeoff. When you agree to continue, the Enhanced ePayment Vcard Remainder Writeoff window will open.
- A credit memo to the virtual card company will be generated, and you must assign it to an existing batch by using the look-up, or enter the name of a new batch and create it. Be sure to associate the batch with the checkbook from which the original card was issued.
- Click Process.
- Post the batch. The writeoff amount will then display in the writeoff amount column of the Vcard Management window.
Need more help with this?
We value your input. Let us know which features you want to see in our products.