The US and Canadian Payroll systems benefit from Threshold ID security. However, they do not have the same kind of workflow. The way that Payroll works is that one user must Build, Calculate and Print the checks and cannot interrupt the flow to send a notification to an Approver.
Instead of going through a workflow, you can designate an Authorizer Task ID on your Payroll system to impose one or two Authorizers. Anyone that has the Authorizer Task ID assigned to them will be able to put in the their Dynamics GP User ID and Password right before the payments are generated in order to authorize. If you configure for 2 Authorizers, then two people will need to put in their credentials. They will have to be present in person or via a remote desktop session to enter their credentials.
To set this up:
- Open the Mekorma Security Maintenance window (Mekorma Area Page > Setup > System > Security Setup).
- Click the word Authorizers under the Payroll Tree. A form will appear to the right.
- Change the number of Authorizers to 1 or 2.
- Choose the Authorization Task ID. Mekorma supplied the ID MEKORMA_BATCH_AUTHORIZER for this purpose.
- Click the DD Security checkbox if you want to impose the same Authorization rule on both checks and Direct Deposits (recommended).
Post your comment on this topic.