A fundamental reason for Mekorma Payment Hub is its security features. Whether you are processing your payments by check, EFT or outsourcing through Mekorma Remote Payment Services, security is crucial. Knowing that your workflow is protected is what can give you peace of mind when you print checks with automatic signatures or send payments out through your outsource provider or bank. It is a way of insuring that the proper controls are in place for separation of duties and oversight, essential for fraud prevention.
With Mekorma Payment Hub, the same set of security rules apply whether you are processing checks in-house, creating EFT files to send to the bank, or automating your payments completely with Mekorma Remote Payment Services.
Mekorma Task-Based Security
As needs have grown, so has the security model, which is rich with capabilities. Our security model is called Task-Based Security, which was introduced in Mekorma Payment Hub build x76. The fundamentals are covered:
- Signature logic with encryption.
- Dollar-value ranges (a.k.a., Threshold Levels) for designing your security rules.
- The Approval Workflow Notification System lets approvers know by email or text when they need to approve.
- Automatic batch splitting allows payments that are fully approved to go out without waiting for other payments.
- Approval rules can be configured not only by dollar-value but also by Vendor Classes.
In addition, Mekorma security has been enhanced with the following, all driven by user request:
- You can break your dollar value groupings down as finely as you want for total control. No limit on the number of levels.
- You can assign any number of approvers to a dollar value group/threshold level.
- Any one approver can be assigned to as many dollar value groups as you need.
- The Mobile approval system option, PowerApprovals, built from Microsoft Power Platform, lets approvers approve on the go.
- Whole payments or even individual vouchers can be rejected when approving.
- Out-of-Office notification and approval delegation can be configured.
Thinking through what you want to do is an important part of implementing a fully functional approval system and this guide will help you.
Mekorma Legacy Security
Mekorma is fiercely committed to our existing users, so we have continued to maintain our older security models, which we call Legacy Security. This is what Mekorma users have employed for builds previous to x76 and includes security by:
- User ID
- Checkbook ID
- Default GP security
Because Mekorma is fiercely committed to ensuring your payment process is as secure as possible, we continue to develop features and improvements for our Task-Based Security model. However, Mekorma Legacy Security (checkbook/user-based) models will be deprecated as of build 84. Moving forward, if your security is configured by checkbook or User ID, you can continue to use it but as of the March 2022 Payment Hub release, the functionality will no longer be supported. Please continue to watch our newsletters and website for updates and announcements.
To understand the benefits of Task-Based security, please see this detailed list of features by security model and how they compare. Our Customer Success team is happy to help with the transition and implementation to our Task-Based Security model so you can continue to enjoy the peace of mind that comes with more robust security to your payments.
What is the Default Setting and What Happens When I Upgrade?
Task-Based security is the default setting. However, please be assured, if you are an existing customer using Legacy Security, the Mekorma upgrade process honors your Legacy Security settings and you have time to plan when you want to implement the new security system.