Once you’ve determined which security model you will be using, you must select the appropriate choice in the Security Setup window.
Select Security Model in the Security Setup Window
- Open the Security Setup window.
- Double-click on the company you would like to configure. This will expand the list of options.
- Select Task-Based Security or Legacy Security by clicking on the corresponding radio button.
- If Legacy Security is selected, clicking on the Legacy Security hyperlink will open the security configuration window, allowing you to set Passwords by User ID, Checkbook or Standard GP Security (‘None’).
- If Task-Based Security is chosen, clicking on the Task-Based Security hyperlink will take you to the Threshold Maintenance window, where you can configure the Threshold IDs that will later be applied to checkbooks.
- Click Save. When switching security models, you must log out of Dynamics GP, then log back in for the changes to take effect.
Last modified: Nov 04, 2019
Thanks for your feedback.