Printers for MICR Check Printing
We recommend that you print Mekorma checks to a dedicated medium – higher quality check printer using blank check stock. The printer should:
- Be PCL or PostScript compliant
- A laser jet printer
- Use original (never refurbished) MICR toner cartridges
- Have a minimum of two horizontal feed trays (to support collating overflow remittance printing)
- Tray capacity should be able to handle your largest check batch volume.
MICR Check Printing Supplies
MICR check printing supplies include:
- Check stock (pre-printed or blank)
- Magnetic Toner
- MICR Gauge
You can also search the Internet using the key words “blank check stock” or “magnetic toner” to locate vendors. Mekorma MICR will work with both blank and pre-printed check stock of almost any size. Mekorma MICR does not work with duplicating check stock (NCR) or “C” fold.
A free MICR gauge can be mailed to you after your Mekorma Payment Hub order is processed. If you would like to receive a gauge, please email our Sales department. The gauge will assist you to determine the correct spacing for the MICR font on your checks.