After batches are built, a user must request approval for each batch to initiate the workflow. Regardless of the security model you have configured (Task-Based approvals or Legacy Security by User ID), approval or authorization requests can be accomplished in the same way:
Automate Approval Requests
When using the Action Board to build payment batches, approval requests can be sent automatically as the batches are built. This completely eliminates the need to manually request approval. See here for how to enable automatic approval requests.
Manually Request Approvals
- After building a payment batch using standard GP procedures, Requestors can alert the appropriate users that their approval or authorization is needed. The Request Approval (or Request Authorization) button can be selected from any one of the windows listed below.
- Build Payment Batch (under Additional)
- Edit Payment Batch (under Additonal)
- Edit Payments (under Additional)
- Print Payments (replaces Print button)
- Mekorma Payment Batch Status List
- An email or text message will be sent to all eligible Approvers that they have transactions needing their review, according to each Approver’s notification settings.