To Configure Security by Checkbook:
- On the Mekorma MICR Security window, select the Checkbook option under the Set Security By section.
- Click the lookup next to the Signature ID hyperlink to open the Signature Setup Lookup window. Choose an existing signature, then click Select to close this window; or, if you need to add a new signature, click New to open the Mekorma MICR Password and Signature Setup window.
- Enter a Signature ID and a Description if desired.
- If you are using dollar amount thresholds enter a Lower Threshold amount and if desired, a Higher Threshold amount. Thresholds can be used to determine when signatures and signature lines should print and when passwords are required.
- Leave the Sort Checks in Threshold Groups when printing option unchecked if you would like the checks to print in check number order instead of being sorted by threshold groups.
- Determine when you want the signatures to print for the Signature 1 and/or Signature 2 fields. You can print signatures Always, Never, or based on the threshold dollar amounts.
- Enter the path to each signature image file in the File Location field.
- Determine when you want the signatures lines to print for the Signature Line 1 and/or Signature Line 2 fields. These are the lines upon which the signature is printed or manually signed. You can print signature lines Always, Never, or based on thresholds.
- If you will require passwords, enter them in the Password 1 and/or Password 2 fields. You may require one, two or no passwords. You can set up a password to be required Always, Never, or based on thresholds.
- Click Save when you are finished configuring your Signature ID.
Checkbook Security and Using Thresholds
When you print checks in threshold groups, you get a stack of checks with checks above the higher threshold sorted to the top of the stack, checks between the thresholds to the middle of the stack and checks below the lower threshold to the bottom of the stack.
If you want to print using threshold groups, check the Sort Checks in Threshold Groups when printing option. This is useful when manually signing higher dollar checks. Some important conditions to note when printing in threshold groups and using signatures and passwords:
- When you select the Amount Below (the lower or higher) Threshold option for Signatures, Signature Lines and Passwords the exact amount of the threshold value is considered part of the threshold.
- When you select the Amount Above (the lower or higher) Threshold option for Signatures, Signature Lines and Passwords any amount greater than the threshold value is considered part of the threshold.
- When you select the Amount Between Thresholds option for Signatures, Signature Lines, and Passwords, any amount greater than the lower threshold and less than or equal to the higher threshold is considered part of the threshold.
- When the Sort Check in Threshold Groups when printing option is checked, the program always looks for an amount greater than the value of threshold. For example, if the higher threshold is $1000, all checks with a value of $1001 are sorted to the top.
- When printing a batch of invoices, if only one invoice requires a password, you must enter the correct password in order to print all the invoices.