Once you have chosen Task-Based Security in the Security Setup window, and assigned Security Roles and Tasks to the desired Approvers, one or more Threshold IDs must be created and then assigned to a checkbook – this will enable a secure workflow process.
Watch the video below for an example of two Threshold IDs that enable secure approval workflow with signatures:
A Threshold ID allows you to save a series of threshold ranges, associated with User Task IDs and default signatures in the way that works best for your company. Threshold IDs are stored at the system-level, and can be assigned to checkbooks for cross-company use. Threshold IDs hold the logic that enables secure approval workflow to be applied to payment processes.
Example of a Threshold ID that enables secure approval workflow:
- Enter a name that identifies your configuration in the Threshold ID field (ex. AP_APPROVAL). Adding a description is *optional.
- Tab off the Threshold ID name. The From and To amount fields automatically populate from 0.01 to the maximum dollar amount.
- Create the first threshold by typing the upper limit in the To field. In the example below, the first threshold range is $0.01 – $500.00.
- It is possible to choose none, one, or two Approvers for each threshold range. Use the look-up to select the correct Approver Task ID.
- Continue to tab to the Default User Signature 1 field and use the look-up to choose the desired signature file for checks printed within that threshold range. If you want a signature line to be printed in addition to or instead of a signature file, check the Signature Line box.
- When tabbing to the next line, the threshold will automatically readjust to the next possible monetary increment, so that there is never a dollar amount left out of your security configuration. In our example, for the second threshold, one Approver is needed along with her signature and a signature line. Karen is assigned as a Mekorma Approver Level 1 and her appropriate Task ID was chosen using the look-up:
- By tabbing to the next line in the window, the final threshold range is configured. This threshold goes up to the maximum amount. Mekorma Approver Level 2 is assigned by using the look-up; Ryan’s signature has been selected to print on checks within this final range; and, an additional signature line will printed for a handwritten signature by checking the Signature Line box only for Default User Signature 2.