The Split Batch feature enables transactions within a workflow process to be split, according to the threshold level and approval requirements of that threshold. If transactions within a certain threshold range do not need to be approved, those transactions can be placed into their own batch to continue through the workflow. Transactions of greater amounts that do require approvals are put in another batch and then go through the configured approval process.
The Split Batch feature prevents entire batches from being held up when only some of the transactions require approvals.
How to Enable Split Batches with the Task-Based Security Model
When Task-Based Security is configured, you can split payables batches based on the threshold levels designated in the applied Threshold ID.
- Go to the Mekorma Security Setup window.
- Under the Task-Based Security radio button selection, check the box next to Split Batches.
How to Enable Split Batches with the Legacy Security Model
When Legacy Security is configured, you can split payables batches based on the option selected in the When to Require Passwords field under User ID security.
- Go the the Security Maintenance window.
- Be sure you have chosen to Set Passwords By: User ID
- In the Payables Approval Workflow fields, check the box next to Activate Workflow. Split Batches will automatically be enabled. If you want workflow without the split batch feature enabled, simply uncheck the box next to Split Batches.
Post your comment on this topic.