The MICR line is the coded banking information at the bottom of your check which is printed in the E13B MICR font. By printing the MICR line, the Mekorma Payment Hub can provide the capability of printing on blank, rather than pre-printed, checkstock.
The video below gives detailed instructions on how to configure the MICR line.
Note that this MICR line setup is based on the Checkbook, so it is set up the same way whether you are using Mekorma Payment Hub for your AP, US Payroll and Canadian Payroll checkbooks:
- Open the Checkbook Setup window. You can do this in 2 ways:
- from the Dynamics GP Checkbook Maintenance Additional menu (Financial Area Page > Cards > Financial > Checkbook). Enter a Checkbook ID by using the lookup, then: (Additional > Mekorma Check Setup).
- from the Mekorma Area Page (Mekorma Area Page > Setup > Purchasing > Checkbook Setup). Enter a Checkbook ID by using the lookup.
- Open the MICR Line Quick Entry window by clicking on any of the hyperlinks within the MICR Line Setup field.
- Add any information that has not been automatically pulled in from the GP Checkbook Maintenance window:
- Number of Check Digits
- Right-most position of Check Digits*
- Routing Number
- Region Code*
- Account Number
- Right-most position of the Account Number*
- Click OK.
- The Transit (ABA) Number will automatically be calculated and entered for you upon entry of the correct routing number/ region code.
- If you need to make edits to the information, you can either open the MICR Line Quick Entry window and make changes there, or edit directly on the graphical interface by clicking on a value and scrolling through the options.
Please ask your bank for this information *