The Vendor Class Security feature provides the flexibility to customize Mekorma’s security settings on a per Vendor Class basis. The rules configured for vendor security override the basic security model that you have setup.
Before setting up Vendor Class Security, please make sure of the following:
- Vendor Classes are set up in Dynamics GP and assigned to the vendors that should have different security rules.
- Configure a Threshold ID for each vendor class that needs special rules.
- These Threshold IDs would be different than the ones assigned to the underlying checkbook and will overrule the default rules on that checkbook.
Please see Advanced Approval Workflows for specific examples of how you could use this.
To assign those Threshold IDs to Vendor Classes:
- Open the Mekorma Vendor Class Security Setup window (Mekorma Area Page > Setup > Company > Vendor Class Security). Each of your existing vendor classes will be displayed.
- Click to the right of a vendor class to which you want to apply security rules, in the column marked Threshold ID.
- Click the look-up next to Threshold ID to open the Threshold ID look-up window. Choose the Threshold ID that defines the correct security rules.
Need more help with this?
We value your input. Let us know which features you want to see in our products.