You can store your checks and check remittance copies electronically instead of on paper. There are two methods to do this and you can use one or both:
- The Check Image Archive displays images of payments right from the Dynamics GP Inquiry windows.
- The PDF Check Archive generates PDF copies of posted checks to a hard drive location.
Why do we have two options and how do EFTs fit in?
The Check Image Archive helps you answer vendor questions on-the-fly. It gives you a quick way to see the remittances that the vendor received right from the Inquiry windows. You can also reprint the remittance if you need to send or email it to your vendor.
The PDF Check Archive stores images outside the system and is primarily used when the company has an external document management system that wants to pull in the check and remittance images. It is also available if you have users outside of GP that need access to this information.
The PDF Check Archive is also needed when you use Mekorma to email EFT remittances to your vendors. These are the PDFs that get emailed. So it is important to set up this repository before you set up your EFT processing.
Setting up the Check Image Archive
The Check Image Archive shows the Payment Images automatically by default when you access the payment inquiry screens.
It is possible to disable either the automatically displayed Image or the entire image archiving feature as follows:
- Open the System Options window (Mekorma Area Page > Setup > System > System Options).
- Under Additional Printing Options, toggle the box labeled Auto Show Inquiry Check Preview to enable or disable the automatic preview feature.
- Under Additional Printing Options, toggle the box labeled Disable Check Archiving to enable or disable the entire feature
Setting up the PDF Check Archive
From the same window, you can enable your PDF Check Archive if you need to store .pdfs out on the hard drive or you are sending EFT remittances through Mekorma.
- Click the Enable PDF Check Copies option to enable the automatic Printing Check Copies to PDF feature.
This window gives you quite a bit of control over how to structure folders and how you structure the filenames for the .pdf files.
- Define the path of the Base Folder to store the PDFs. If the Base Folder field was populated prior to upgrading, the Enable PDF Check Copies option is automatically checked. Mekorma recommends designating a UNC folder. If this folder cannot be accessed for any reason, the check copies will be created in the Data subfolder of your Microsoft Dynamics GP installation folder.
- Choose from the options listed under the Available Fields for Folders section. If you choose one it will be a sub-folder under the Base Folder field location. If you choose more than one, the system will create a hierarchy of folders based on your choices.
- Choose from the options listed under the Available Fields for Filename to name your file. You can choose as many as you want and the system concatenates them together to form .pdf.