You can assign a checkbook to each invoice upon entry. This is effective if you are handling a group of invoices that are each paid by different checkbooks.
The Assign by Checkbook feature must be enabled before any assignments can be made.
- Open the Payables Transaction Entry window.
- Create a new payment or use the look-up open an existing voucher.
- Click on Additional and select Assign by Checkbook to open the Assign by Checkbook Entry window.
- Use the look-up in the Checkbook ID field to select the checkbook you want to assign this specific payment to.
- Click OK to save.
Posted Invoice Assignments
If you have already posted an invoice but haven’t paid it yet, the checkbook assignment can be changed.
- Open the Transaction Inquiry by Vendor window or the Transaction Inquiry by Document window.
- Select the payment you want to reassign and open the Additional menu > Assign by Checkbook to open the Assign by Checkbook Inquiry window.
- Using the look-up, select the Checkbook ID you’d like to assign this payment to. Please note: posted invoices that have already been paid cannot be reassigned.
- Click OK to close this window.
- Click OK on the Transaction Inquiry by Vendor or Transaction Inquiry by Document window to save.
Need more help with this?
We value your input. Let us know which features you want to see in our products.