You can assign a checkbook to each invoice upon entry. This is effective if you are handling a group of invoices that are each paid by different checkbooks.
The Assign by Checkbook feature must be enabled before any assignments can be made.
- Open the Payables Transaction Entry window.
- Create a new payment or use the look-up open an existing voucher.
- Click on Additional and select Assign by Checkbook to open the Assign by Checkbook Entry window.
- Use the look-up in the Checkbook ID field to select the checkbook you want to assign this specific payment to.
- Click OK to save.
Posted Invoice Assignments
If you have already posted an invoice but haven’t paid it yet, the checkbook assignment can be changed.
- Open the Transaction Inquiry by Vendor window or the Transaction Inquiry by Document window.
- Select the payment you want to reassign and open the Additional menu > Assign by Checkbook to open the Assign by Checkbook Inquiry window.
- Using the look-up, select the Checkbook ID you’d like to assign this payment to. Please note: posted invoices that have already been paid cannot be reassigned.
- Click OK to close this window.
- Click OK on the Transaction Inquiry by Vendor or Transaction Inquiry by Document window to save.