Once you’ve determined which security model you will be using, you must select the appropriate choice in the Security Setup window.
Select Security Model in the Security Setup Window
- Open the Security Setup window.
- Double-click on the company you would like to configure. This will expand the list of options.
- Select Task-Based Security or Legacy Security by clicking on the corresponding radio button.
- If Legacy Security is selected, clicking on the Legacy Security hyperlink will open the security configuration window, allowing you to set Passwords by User ID, Checkbook or Standard GP Security (‘None’).
- If Task-Based Security is chosen, clicking on the Task-Based Security hyperlink will take you to the Threshold Maintenance window, where you can configure the Threshold IDs that will later be applied to checkbooks.
- Click Save. When switching security models, you must log out of Dynamics GP, then log back in for the changes to take effect.
Need more help with this?
We value your input. Let us know which features you want to see in our products.