Assigning a payment by vendor Checkbook ID is most useful when you want to pay a certain type of vendor from a particular checkbook.
- You are paying grants, and the grant vendors can only be paid by the grant checkbook and not your operating checkbook.
- You manage properties and each property has its own checkbook to pay the bills.
Once a checkbook has been assigned to a vendor, you can build check batches using the Assign by Checkbooks feature in the Build Payment Batch (Select Payables Checks) window. The Assign by Checkbooks feature cannot be used with the Edit Payment Batch (Edit Payables Checks) functionality.
Video tutorial for GP2013-2016
Video tutorial for GP2018
- Create a new batch in the Build Payment Batch (Select Checks) window.
- Choose Computer Checks in the origin field.
- Select the Checkbook ID that you want to build payments for and Save the batch.
- You will then be back on the Build Payment Batch window. Click the box next to Select Vouchers by Vendor Checkbook ID on the Assign by Checkbook window (which should already be open). Clicking this box activates the feature – only payments to vendors that have been assigned to the checkbook that you’re building payments from will be pulled. Please note that if this box is not checked, then the assign by checkbook feature will not work when you build your payment batch.
- Fill out any additional selection criteria you wish to use to build your batch. Only invoices assigned to this Checkbook ID will be selected.
Last modified: Oct 09, 2019
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.