Although rare, there may be an instance when a vendor paid via virtual card does not use the entire amount of the issued card. In that case, you can write-off the remaining balance so your account is credited with the unused portion.
- Open the Enhanced ePayment Vcard Management window.
- Filter your view by the Used status to display virtual cards have not been fully used.
- Select the correct payment.
- Click Actions > Writeoff. When you agree to continue, the Enhanced ePayment Vcard Remainder Writeoff window will open.
- A credit memo to the virtual card company will be generated, and you must assign it to an existing batch by using the look-up, or enter the name of a new batch and create it. Be sure to associate the batch with the checkbook from which the original card was issued.
- Click Process.
- Post the batch. The writeoff amount will then display in the writeoff amount column of the Vcard Management window.
Last modified: Sep 11, 2019
Thanks for your feedback.