Legacy is Mekorma’s original security model and includes the options to set security by:
- User ID
- Checkbook ID
- Default GP security
Security by User ID uses the Microsoft Dynamics GP User ID and password as your check printing password. In addition, with this option, you can view an Audit Log report that records the approvers/signers for each check batch.
With this option you can:
- Select which users are allowed to print checks.
- Select which checkbook each user can print from.
- Print a different signature for each user, share signatures between users, or print with no signatures at all and lines for hand signing.
- Set the maximum approval amount for each user.
- Define when passwords are required and how many are required based on the dollar amount.
- Works with Vendor Class Security.
The security by Checkbook option associates signature and password logic with a specific Microsoft Dynamics GP Checkbook. The signature and password logic is contained in the Signature ID that is assigned to the checkbook.
- Allows different passwords for each checkbook.
- Allows for both lower and higher threshold logic.
- No additional security added beyond standard GP security