Mekorma’s Checkbook Setup window allows you to select pre-configured check formats for the Purchasing, US Payroll and Canadian Payroll modules.
You can select up to 7 different formats for the different purposes used by Dynamics GP. The selected formats do not have to be unique; the same format can be used for multiple purposes:
- The Primary Check Format is the main check that is sent to your vendors. This is the only format you are required to designate.
- The Check Copy Format allows you to print a physical copy of the primary check, and can be different than the format you send to your vendors.
- The Check Overflow format and Check Copy Overflow format are used when you want to have a different format for overflows.
- The EFT Remittance Options defaults to Check Face/Overflow Stub. If you leave this default then Mekorma will use the exact same formats for EFTs as it does for your checks. Since EFTs don’t require the check portion of the format, different formats can be selected.
- The Refund Check and Refund Check Overflow formats are used if you will be using the Refund Checks feature in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Go to the Checkbook Setup window.
- Select the checkbook and the module (Purchasing, US Payroll, Canadian Payroll) that you want to configure.
- Click on the lookup to the right of Primary Check Format, and choose an appropriate option from Mekorma’s library of pre-configured formats. The name of each format file indicates key information included on that format.
- If you want to customize your chosen format, open the Mekorma Configurator by clicking on the Primary Check Format link. You can then edit within the Configurator. This process can be repeated for any additional format selections.