All previous set up steps for processing EFTs with Mekorma must be in place. This page addresses settings that are specific to processing EFTs (ACH) with Multi-Batch Management.
Choose Automation Options
- Open the Multi-Batch Management Options window.
- Choose options in the EFT & Safepay section:
EFT Remittance Options
- Print Document: The remittance will be sent to the printer specified by Named Printers configuration.
- Send Document in Email: The vendor will receive an email containing the remittance after – if for some reason internet access is not available, the remittance will print instead of being emailed.
- Post EFT immediately after Print or Send: This option ensure that EFTs are posted immediately after printing or emailing remittances.
- Generate EFT after Posting: This option automatically generates the EFT file (to be sent to your bank) immediately after posting.
With both these options checked, EFTs become a simple three-step process:
- Create EFT payments using the Build Payments action
- Generate and send EFT remittances, post the EFT batch and create the EFT file for your bank, all with the Process Checks and EFTs action.
- Transmit your EFT file to your bank.
You may choose not to post the EFTs automatically and / or not generate the EFT file for the bank automatically for any of these reasons:
- You want to combine more than one batch from the same checkbook in the same company into a single ACH file.
- Your organization has a separation of duties that requires different users to post EFTs and send them to the bank.
- You need to change the Transmission Date or Settlement Date in the ACH file. By default, the transmission date will be set to the GP user date.
If you do not mark Post EFTs Immediately after Print or Send option, you will post the EFT Remittances along with your checks using the Post action on the Action Board.
If you do not mark Generate EFT File after Post, you will generate your EFT file using the Generate EFT File action on the Action Board.