Before processing payments using Binary Stream’s Multi-Entity Management (MEM) with Multi-Batch Management (MMM), the following steps must be taken:
- MEM must be activated for all entities you want to process with MMM.
- All users must have a default entity assigned. That entity ID will be pulled by default from the Payables Batch Entry window when Multi-Batch Management goes through the automated build process. If you do not have an entity ID set up for a company that is going to be included in your MMM processes, you will be notified through a warning message on the MMM Action Board.
- Open the Multi-Batch Management Process Maintenance window.
- Type in the name of a new or existing Process ID. If creating a new one, select a combination of a company, checkbook, Build ID, and payment type to add to the Process ID.
- Click Insert.
- Select the build parameter you would like to Centralize or Decentralize.
- Click on the MEM button at the top of the window to open the Multi-Entity Management Settings window.
- Select a Centralized or Decentralized processing type. One or both processing types can be included within a Process ID.
- Click OK to close the window.
- On the Action Board, select the Process ID that contains the Centralized and/ or Decentralized build criteria.
- Check the box next to each batch you would like to build, and click Process. Centralized and Decentralized processes can be built simultaneously, or one at a time.
- When building batches for a Centralized process:
- The system will build one batch from all invoices that meet the selected build criteria from each of the child entities within the designated parent entity. See the Build Results Report:
- When running a Decentralized process:
- One batch is built for each entity, resulting in multiple total batches. See the Build Results Report:
- Continue with the next steps in the Action Board to process and post your batches as is standard with the Multi-Batch Management service.
Last modified: Oct 07, 2019
Thanks for your feedback.